The next Symposium RSS (Rock Slope Stability) will take place in Chambéry (France) from 13 to 15 November 2018. Like the previous edition, RSS 2018 is organized in the framework of the National Project C2ROP (rockfalls, risks, and protective structures).
You will be able to submit an abstract, to register and to become a Partner of the Symposium from October 16th, 2017!
Due to many requests from prospective participants at RSS 2016, it has been decided to extend the abstract submission deadline to January 15, 2016. Authors are invited to submit abstracts through the online submission system. A selection of the best abstracts will be nominated for expanding articles to be published in the European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering magazine.
- Site investigation and rockfall hazard modelling
- Monitoring techniques
- Rockfall trajectory analysis
- Risk management
- Protection structures
- Case studies
- Abstract submission: Extended to January 15, 2016
- Feedback to the authors: February 28, 2016
- Edited abstracts submission: March 31, 2016
- Final acceptation: June 30, 2016
- Submission only via the online submission system
- Format : .doc and .docx (Word) only (Download template)
- Writing in english – 2 pages maximum
- Oral presentations might be made in french or in english, with an english form presentation
The national project C2ROP organizes the next
Symposium Rock Slope Stability
from 15 to 17 November 2016
Congress Centre of Lyon (France)
- In situ and modeling of Rocky hazard recognition
- Auscultation and monitoring techniques
- Trajectographique analysis
- Risk management
- Protection works
- Case study
Opening of registration, submissions and partnership October 15, 2015
The general assembly of National Research Project C2ROP (blocks falls, rocky risks, and protection works) took place March 2nd, 2015 in Paris (France). This event was the official start of the project. It brought together more than 70 participants and was the occasion to present the research program and its organization.
The project membership is open to all organizations.
C2ROP has for objectives to build a string of coordinated tools (hazard – risk – protection), to generate a repository of risk and its acceptable cost, to structure the community, to structure the results from digital tools and experimental equipment, and finally to position France internationally.
This collaborative project will develop research products available to those who need it, including owners.